7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
- Worldwide Motion Picture Group
8:00 AM – 8:45 AM
- Randy Smith, Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer & Counsel, Regal Entertainment Group
- Michael Archer, Vice President, Digital Cinema, Doremi
- Clint Koch, Sales Director, USL, Inc.
- Christopher Simpson, National Account Manager, Sony Digital Cinema Solutions
The ability of theaters to offer closed captioning and descriptive audio continues to be a major initiative of NATO. This seminar will provide a general update on captioning issues, legislation/litigation, consumer reaction and an update on the supply of movies and trailers. On hand will be three major manufacturers of these new technologies, who will give an update on their respective systems. Following this program, attendees are invited to visit each manufacturer on the CinemaCon Trade Show Floor for a firsthand demonstration.
8:00 AM – 8:45 AM
- Holly Schmackers, Stored Valued Product Manager, Vantiv
Vantiv is one of the industry’s leading integrated providers of payment processing strategies and advanced technology solutions for businesses and financial institutions. During this program, Vantiv will discuss the changing landscape of Gift Cards. Topics covered will include mobile, virtual, wallet and social gifting to name a few. Discover the next big thing in the world of Gift Cards.
9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
- Anne Thompson, Editor-in-Chief, Thompson on Hollywood at Indiewire
- Adam Fogelson, Chairman, Universal Pictures
- Michael De Luca, Producer (“Moneyball”, “Captain Phillips”)
- David Passman, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Carmike Cinemas
- Bud Mayo, Chairman & CEO, Digiplex Destinations
- Matt Jacobson, Head of Development, Facebook
9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
An interactive session with an outstanding panel of industry professionals which will address topics of interest including NYC drink size restrictions, menu board labeling, and restrictions on toy prizes with kid’s meals, and trends in food, beverage, nutrition and labeling issues.
- Anita Watts, Co-Founder & VP Sales, Cinema Solutions, Inc.
- Todd Halstead, Deputy Director of Government Affairs, NATO
- Donald Lear, Senior Marketing Manager, The Hershey Company
- Stefanie Miller, Group Vice President, Strategic Partnership Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company
- Robert Perkins, President/Owner, Act V Theaters Inc. and Cornelius Cinemas Inc.
- Bob Shimmin, Vice President, Food & Beverage, Cinemark Theatres
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Allure Global Solutions
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney-Pixar’s Monsters University, the eagerly anticipated prequel to Monsters, Inc., tells the story of how Mike and Sulley meet in college, and once again features the voice talents of Billy Crystal and John Goodman. The film is directed by Dan Scanlon (Cars, Mater and the Ghostlight, Tracy) produced by Kori Rae (Up, The Incredibles, Monsters, Inc.) and features music from Rock-and-Roll-Hall-of-Fame inductee and award winning composer Randy Newman (Monsters, Inc., Toy Story 3).
12:45 PM – 2:30 PM
“Frankly Speaking: The Ever-Changing World of Filmmaking Today, Tomorrow and Beyond”
(An in-depth roundtable discussion with today’s leading and groundbreaking filmmakers)
- Elvis Mitchell, Film Curator, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
Distinguished Panel of Filmmakers
- Guillermo del Toro
- Sam Raimi
- Oliver Stone
“RealD Innovation in 3D Award” presented to Sam Raimi
3:15 PM – 4:15 PM
Buses load between 2:15pm – 2:45pm and return at conclusion of demonstration. Limited Seating. Please arrive promptly to ensure access.
“3D Immersive Cinema Sound: An Open Standards Approach”
Barco hosts a panel discussion featuring several industry leaders, followed by a 3D cinema sound demonstration highlighting an open standards sound mix using Auro 11.1 by Barco. This event is designed to help studios and exhibitors understand the benefits of an open standards approach for the cinema sound landscape in order to reap the rewards of the latest 3D cinema audio technologies.
(Buses depart from the “Colosseum Bus Loading Area” located to the left of the Celine/Elton/Shania show store on the Casino Level)
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
5:45 PM – 7:00 PM
The Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation Proudly Bestows its 2013 “Pioneer of the Year” Award on Kathleen Kennedy, President, Lucasfilm
- Dolby Labs
10:15 PM – 12:30 AM
CBS Films Invites You to an Advance Screening of “The To Do List” at the Cinemark Orleans 18 Theatre Complex
(note the following time schedule for the evening)
10:15 PM – 10:35 PM
(Buses leave from the “Colosseum Bus Loading Area” located just to the left of the Celine/Elton/Shania show store on the Casino Level)
10:45 PM – 12:30 AM
Join the cast from the film for a late night screening! “The To Do List” is a comedy about close friends and a special summer project, loosely inspired by the real-life adventures of first-time writer/director Maggie Carey. The film features an all-star comedy cast including Aubrey Plaza, Johnny Simmons, Bill Hader, Alia Shawkat, Sarah Steele, Rachel Bilson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Donald Glover, Scott Porter, Andy Samberg, Connie Britton and Clark Gregg.
(Buses will return to Caesars Palace at the conclusion of the screening)